Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm excited!

It's been really great working with my dear friend Laura Van Wormer and Author and Company on the e-Book versions of my Hollywood biographies. It feels good to know that my out-of-print books will find a new audience of eReaders. My New York Times bestseller Peter Lawford: The Man Who Kept the Secrets, has been the first to go up. I'm especially proud of this book, because almost all of it is based on original research and interviews. I had the kind of access biographers dream about, particularly from one man--Milton Ebbins, Peter's personal manager and closest friend for thirty years. Milt shared with me his most intimate memories of Peter--and they include other very famous people, among them Jack and Bobby Kennedy, Jackie Onassis, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Ava Gardner, Lana Turner, June Allyson, Princess Margaret, Rita Hayworth, and of course Marilyn Monroe.

The anecdotes are very juicy, and over the next few weeks I'll be sharing some of them with you. I'm sure they will make you want to read the book!




No comments:

Post a Comment