Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jan-Michael Vincent in 1975




In the mid 1970s I was the editor of "In The Know" magazine, which was a wannabe "People." I had been very taken with Jan-Michael Vincent's performance in "Buster and Billie," so I decided to do a feature about him. I interviewed him in his rustic Topanga Canyon garden. He and his wife and little girl were a delight. For photographs, I turned to a friend of Jan-Michael's, the photographer Michael Montfort. He took photos during the interview. Once I started writing the story, I decided to put Jan-Michael on the cover. Michael Montfort showed me a portfolio of studio shots he'd done of Jan-Michael, and this one immediately stood out. It made for a beautiful cover and a very popular issue of "In the Know!"

No comments:

Post a Comment