Friday, March 29, 2013

SAD .LETTER FROM MARILYN TO LEE STRASBERG




45



42



3













AP


NEW YORK - Marilyn Monroe's letter of despair to mentor Lee Strasberg, and Dwight D. Eisenhower's heartfelt missives to his wife during World War II are among hundreds of historical documents being offered in an online auction.
Monroe's handwritten, undated letter to the famed acting teacher is expected to fetch $30,000 to $50,000 in the May 30 sale.
PHOTOS: STARS WHO PLAY MARILYN MONROE
MONROE30N_1_WEB

AP

The first page of a handwritten letter from Marilyn Monroe which expresses suicidal thoughts to her mentor, Lee Strasberg.

"My will is weak but I can't stand anything. I sound crazy but I think I'm going crazy," Monroe wrote on Hotel Bel-Air letterhead stationery. "It's just that I get before a camera and my concentration and everything I'm trying to learn leaves me. Then I feel like I'm not existing in the human race at all."
The 58 Eisenhower letters, handwritten between 1942 and 1945, range from news of the war to the Allied commander's devotion to his wife, Mamie. They are believed to be among the largest group of Eisenhower letters to survive intact and could bring up to $120,000, said Joseph Maddalena, whose Profiles in History is auctioning the items.
RELATED: MARILYN MONROE LINE HITS MACY’S
MONROE30N_2_WEB

AP

The Monroe letter is among a collection of historical documents to be sold at an online auction by Profiles in History on Wednesday, May 8, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment